Registration is closed as these courses are currently running.
SPARKS is a special Public Speaking Course designed for persons seeking to inspire or motivate.
Our desire is to train and support committed persons to increase their skills and thereby release the potential of a new generation of “Inspirers”.
We are looking for people with a passion, message, knowledge or vision that needs to be heard by others – many, many others.
In a time of continuing Covid restrictions, the way in which we communicate our messages has taken on a new level of complexity. The events of 2020 have accelerated the necessity for online meetings, webinars and virtual consultations. We have designed this latest SPARKS course to reflect this dynamic.
Even though it’s an online course, our training remains highly interactive and participatory, requiring that all participants have their cameras switched on for the sessions.
The Inkings Team, Garfield and Barbara King will help you to:
- Find something of yourself that is powerful and express that self effectively
- Increase self-confidence, relationship skills, professionalism, earning power, performance power
- Inspire and empower people to initiate positive change in themselves and their communities
You will be better able to:
- Present yourself as an authority
- Speak with confidence, clarity and authenticity
- Engage and inspire audiences to act
The individualised training teaches how to:
- Create a physical space for optimal virtual communication
- Manage the anxiety of speaking in public or in front of a camera
- Be aware of your non-verbal appearance
- Improve interpersonal communication skills
- Breathe power into your voice
- Develop a more confident voice to enhance communication
- Structure online presentations
- Say what’s important to you in your own words with your own passion
- Build rapport and engagement with your audience in a virtual setting
- Sharpen delivery style
- Draw on your own experiences and insights to tell your story
You will receive:
- Documents with techniques and tips
- Video recordings of your presentations
- An additional one-hour individual coaching session
- Certificate of participation
Garfield King has been the writer and presenter of motivational information for over 40 years on radio and in written formats, including features in Barbados, St. Lucia, Jamaica and in Trinidad & Tobago – Discover Yourself Transform Your World on 610 Radio and Music Radio 97’s Motivation Minute. Since 2002, he has been training and coaching for companies, government agencies, media houses, individuals and groups seeking to improve public speaking skills.
Barbara King has been involved in education for almost 40 years as a classroom educator, meditation instructor, process facilitator and parent educator. Barbara has trained more than 200 facilitators to communicate and work effectively with groups. She also researched, wrote and voiced Music Radio 97’s Baby Talk for more than 20 years.