An exciting new venture from the wife and husband team of INKINGS
The inaugural SPARKS course ended on June 13th. Dates for another SPARKS course will be posted soon.
SPARKS… a special Public Speaking course designed for persons seeking to inspire. Our desire is to train and support committed persons to increase their skills and thereby release the potential of a new generation of “Inspirers”. We are looking for people with a passion, message, knowledge or vision that needs to be heard by others – many, many others.
How was it?
The first group joined us for once weekly sessions from 9th May – 13th June 2018, at The Customer Service Academy of T&T, 100A Eastern Main Road, Champs Fleurs.
The participants have agendas that can impact individuals and communities in the areas of sexual abuse prevention, support for children with learning challenges, life coaching, self-development through meditation, personal empowerment, creating safe spaces for persons who think differently, supporting people through change.
It has been an honour to work with such people who clearly care deeply about making a positive change in their world.
The next SPARKS course starts in October. Maximum number of participants is 8. We have already been asked to reserve a few spaces.
Public Speaking for Those Who Seek to Inspire or Motivate
The Inkings Team, Garfield and Barbara King, helps you to:
- Find something of yourself that is powerful, and express that self effectively.
- Increase self-confidence, relationship skills, professionalism, earning power, performance power
- Inspire and empower people to initiate positive change in themselves and inspire positive change in others.
The Sparks Training sessions will upgrade the communication and presentation skills of participants so that they will be better able to:
- Present themselves as an authority
- Speak authoritatively, clearly and authentically
- Engage and inspire audiences to act
They do so through individualized training that teaches and coaches to:
- Develop ways to manage nervousness when speaking in public
- Identify your core messages
- Say what’s important to you in your own words with your own passion
- Use language creatively to deliver a more powerful message
- Develop effective use of body action to support the message
- Enhance the planning and structure of presentations for maximum impact
- Sharpen delivery style
- Draw on your own experiences and insights to tell your story
- Develop rapport-building skills
- Develop a more confident voice to enhance communication
- Improve interpersonal communication skills
6 x 3-hour sessions in a small group (8-10 persons)
- Manual with techniques and tips
- Video recordings of your presentations
- Additional one-hour individual coaching with the trainers
Application form available: email@example.com
Garfield King has been the writer and presenter of motivational information for more than 38 years on radio and in written formats, including features in Barbados, St. Lucia, Jamaica and in Trinidad & Tobago – Discover Yourself Transform Your World on 610 Radio and Music Radio 97’s Motivation Minute. Since 2002, he has been training and coaching for companies, government agencies, media houses, individuals and groups seeking to improve public speaking skills.
Barbara King has been involved in education for almost 40 years as a classroom educator, meditation instructor, process facilitator and parent educator. Barbara has trained more than 200 facilitators to communicate and work effectively with groups. She also researched, wrote and voiced Music Radio 97’s Baby Talk for more than 20 years.